Saturday, February 5, 2011

By My Side

It's been a while since I've posted anything here on the ol' craftin' blog. But it's definitely not for lack of craftin'!!! Nosiree! Quite the contrary actually. Aside from some personal projects I've worked on, the biggest portion of my crafting time has been taken up with projects for a new business. That's right, I finally started a card business.

It's a long story, but I'll try to give you the Reader's Digest version, for anyone who might actually be interested. My friend Whitney and I have a pretty sweet little part-time singing gig at a local church. The downturn in the economy has really impacted the church's budget, and we thought we were gonna be let go. Whitney approached me with questions about starting a card business, and I told her that it's virtually impossible to have a viable business on your own and I proceeded to give her all my reasons why. And so she said, "then why don't we do it together?" And that, my friends, is how High Notes Ink was born. The business is going well and we are cranking out new product all the time.

Since I do have a backlog of personal projects that I haven't posted over these five long months, I'll try my best to schedule a post or two a week to catch you up on my projects. My regular posts these days are dedicated to the biz, so if you're interested in some light reading 5 days (or more) a week, then hop on over and follow our blog.

On with today's card! Each year I make cards for my grandmother. Several years ago, I made her a box to hold all of her prized handmade cards and now I work to keep her in stock with cuteys to send to friends all year. This card is from this year's batch. Isn't it adorable? I absolutely LOVE these sets of Papertrey Ink stamps, and what's even better is that there are dies to coordinate so there's no tedious cutting! Just diecut it, stamp it, and stick it. Easy peasy!

It seemed so fitting to have a little doggie looking lovingly toward his owner's favorite chair to coordinate with the sentiment "thank you for always being by my side." If you have furry friends, you understand oh-so-perfectly what it means to have a faithful little friend who's always waiting to give you love. I know I sure do - as I sit here blogging with a snuggly, purring kitty on my lap!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed today's card and that you'll stop back by every once in a while to keep me honest in my promise to catch you up on all of the fun projects I've done!


By My Side recipe
Base: kraft card
Paper: SU - Patterns Pack III
Stamps: PTI - Chair-ished, On My Couch, On My Couch Additions
Ink: VF - onyx; SU - riding hood red
Misc: Zots; pop dots; PTI - On My Couch dies

No comments: