Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beautiful Whoopsy

Don't you just hate it when you mess up a card when your stamp rocks just a little and gets ink in places there shouldn't be any?! I know I sure do. And today's card is a perfect example of how it sometimes works out for the best.

I started by stamping the Upsy Daisy in eggplant. Before reinking, I stamped the image again to create a shadow effect. In order to fill 2/3 of the card, I needed to repeat this process one more time. Well, that's when I got a little heavy handed and managed to get ink on the edges of my rubber stamp and then rocked a bit too much and got that ink on the card. What was I going to do now?

Well, lucky for me, Whitney was over helping me out and she suggested that we cover those places up with something. So we hunted through our punches and found the butterflies and it just so happened they were big enough to cover up my booboo - perfect! I used three of them to keep with the rule of Odds (or even perhaps the rule of Threes) to give balance to the card. If you look closely, you can still see my mistake, but it's not as prominent and your eye is certainly not drawn to it but to the butterfly instead.

When all was said and done, I couldn't decide where to place my sentiment and that's when I decided that it didn't need one. Not on the outside anyway. So here you have a very simple design that packs a lot of punch. I couldn't have been more pleased with my mistake, and that's why I call it my beautiful whoopsy!


Butterflies recipe
Base: cream card
Paper: SU - eggplant
Ink: SU - eggplant
Stamps: SU - Upsy Daisy
Misc: Jolee's - butterfly punch; misc. butterfly punch; pop dots

No comments: