Sunday, November 29, 2009

Genius!

So ... why didn't anyone tell me that watercolor paper would be the key to better images? Now ... I have to say that my Mad Coloring Skillz have improved somewhat over the last six months or so after I watched several tutorials. But I kept having piling problems. You know ... when your paper gets all wet & bunches up & looks fuzzy. NOT good! Unless you want your image to look fuzzy, that is.

I tried all different kinds of paper, even the ones suggested in the tutorials, but I just wasn't having good luck. I'm sure it has something to do with my technique and/or my impatience to let things dry ... one never knows.

Anyway. This weekend I had to make a run to the craft store for some supplies - sticky anyone? - and decided to pick up a tablet of watercolor paper for the heck of it. If I was going to have ANY luck, surely this would be it? And whadda ya know? Voila! Perfect blending and no fuzzies! I wish I'd bought into the watercolor paper idea earlier, but I thought it was a load of hooey.

So let this be a lesson to you, if at first you don't succeed, listen to the advice of The Experts ... they probably came by that title honestly! *wink*

No comments: