Saturday, November 14, 2009

Adhesives

In a recent article in one of my scrapbooking magazines, the column author reviewed a number of adhesives on the market. For many years, I've used double-sided tabs with great success. They stick well and are removable so long as you do it within the first five minutes or so. But they're a little time-consuming and I thought I would try one of the tape runners on the market - particularly after reading the article.

My first venture didn't go so well. I opted for the Tombo Mono Adhesive runner with removable adhesive. The problem I had is that it never stuck. The elements on my cards kept falling off, even days later. Even after leaving the cards underneath books - in hopes of getting better contact. So on my next trip to my favorite craft store, I returned the extra removable cartridge I bought. I thought about trying the permanent Tombo but decided instead to go with a different brand altogether and opted for the Therm-o-Web with permanent adhesive. It worked much better but still had some trouble keeping my heavier elements in place (I ended up using Zots on those places so I could get the cards in the mail). But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on it just yet.

Do you use an adhesive runner? If so, what brand do you use? And do you like it?

No comments: