Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birthday Kittens

I bought this terrific Whipper Snapper stamp recently and have been anxiously awaiting a time to ink it up. I had an idea where I wanted to go with the card design, but it took a mind of its own really. It took three chances before I got it the way I wanted it.

Here's my favorite. Everything fell into place perfectly - the coloring, the layout, the colors. I'm pretty darn proud of this one. (Watercoloring inspiration found here)

Cardstock: SU - whisper white, Good Morning Sunshine; DCWV - Mi Casa; misc. red
Stamp: Whipper Snapper - Party Kittens
Ink: VF - onyx
Misc: SU - button, linen thread, watercolor pencils, blender pen



Here are the two that didn't turn out as I'd hoped. (Okay but not great.)

Cardstock: SU - whisper white, Good Morning Sunshine; misc. red
Stamp: Whipper Snapper - Party Kittens
Ink: VF - onyx
Misc: SU - hardware, orange rickrack, watercolor pencils, blender pen; Zots





Cardstock: SU - whisper white; DCWV - Mi Casa
Stamp: Whipper Snapper - Party Kittens
Ink: VF - onyx
Misc: SU - grossgrain, watercolor pencils, blender pen

No comments: