Friday, April 3, 2009

Incorporating a Template

One thing that's important to remember about templates is that they do not have to stand alone. In this case, the template I used was scaled as an 8.5 x 11. I only have one album that size, but my travel album is 12 x 12. So what do you do? Quite simply, you resize or you incorporate. 

And here's how I did it. First off, I start with my layout. I loosely based my two-page layout on a sketch by Becky Higgins. If you have her Best of Becky Higgins Sketches for Scrapbooking book, I used the sketch on page 172. See how the template formed the basis for the right-hand page? All I needed were some embellishments and *voila* a finished page. The beauty of sketches and templates is that you use them as guidelines. So what you end up with may not look anything like the sketch or template that inspired your layout. Isn't scrapbooking great?! Such flexibility!


The details
Base: TLC - Shapes Slumber Party textured pumpkin cardstock
Cardstock: TLC - Circles Slumber Party cherry blossoms; SU - pretty in pink
Misc: TLC - Shapes Slumber Party die cuts, travel rub ons, pink floss; SU - filigree brads, whisper white dress up ribbon, pretty in pink flower brad, whisper white latte collection button; MM - jewel brads; Luxe - red flower; Prima - aloha petals; Imagination Project - save the date white circles small; DCWV - rub ons; gems; misc. flower; Zips

No comments: