Saturday, March 28, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge: Week 1

I'm definitely behind the eight-ball on Dawn McVey's color challenge, but I decided to play along anyway b/c it stretches my crafting wings in the color combo dept. Because I'm back in scrapping mode, I decided to apply the color challenge to a layout from our Hawaii trip. Honestly, I'm not sure I would have come up with this color combo without Dawn's challenge - so thanks, Dawn, for the inspiration!

So here's the Week 1 challenge:

And here's where I went with it based on what I had lying about (subbing black from brown):




Cardstock/Paper: TLC - black from Salt & Pepper Runway, lemon sherbet scoops; Luxe - Flamingo from Pashmina, Pink Elephant from Pashmina; MOD - orange p/p; misc. yellow p/p; misc. orange c/s

Elements: All My Memories - chipboard letters; Prima - Aloha Petals; SU - corduroy button & brad, yellow striped g/g, orange rickrack; misc. white flower; Zips; Zots; Sizzix - Metro Retro alpha; Xyron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It works! I really like it. It's fun to go outside our 'comfort zone' sometimes and do somethin different.

Your scrappin partner in crime.