Monday, May 5, 2008

Hawaii Layouts

Whoohoo! I finally have something to show for myself after several long weeks of nothing. In honor of National Scrapbooking Day, I spent Saturday afternoon in the craft room (instead of cleaning house...LOL). Here's a sampling of what I got done. All of these layouts are based on sketches by Becky Higgins - her formulas are so easy to adapt & use!

You may remember this layout from a previous post. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I was disappointed with some empty space on the left page. I couldn't think of anything to put to fill the void. I tried the flower, but it just didn't do it for me. Then I got my new Luxe prize pack & saw the stamps - perfect! The flower on the right page is not permanent; I can't decide if I like it or not. It's growing on me. (No pun intended)

All paper: TLC Runway - Tressie Circles
Ribbon: K&Co - Happy Trails

Rub-ons: TLC - Vacation
Dimensional stickers: K&Co
Sizzix: Circus

TLC Quicksand Kit
TLC Runway - Salt & Pepper Circles; Caroline Circles
Cardstock: olive & brown
Sizzix: Aphrodite & Sassy Serif
Misc: button, pop dots

Here are two layouts that are still in-progress. I opted to show only one page of the two-page spreads. They were the ones most finished/presentable.

Paper: TLC Runway - Salt & Pepper Circles
Cardstock: olive
Misc: green flower brads
Sizzix: Script

Paper: TLC Runway - Retro Shapes
Other paper: Luxe - Simple Dot Turquoise
Tag: Luxe - Simply Turquoise
Misc: brown buttons
All other elements from TLC kit

No comments: