Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Court Goes to School: Day 2

While the office I am scrapping for has not taken tons of photos or retained lots of memorabilia from their volunteer project, there are still plenty of good representations of the work they are doing at the school. For instance, last year, the school counselor took photos of some of the volunteers with their mentees, which made an excellent collage for last year's tutoring work.


Supplies used: SU - tangerine tango cardstock; lt. red cardstock; DCWV - the Grade School stack; misc. cardstock computer; corner rounder; pop dots; black pen; Singer Pixie; orange thread; Adobe Elements 6; CoffeeShop Rounded Corners Storyboard Set 5

NOTE: My scanner and I are not getting along at the moment, so this is not the best scan and thus not the best digital panoramic stitching. But hopefully you get the idea, despite having part of the edge page elements cut off.

I also experimented with machine stitching as a border. I have not had my sewing machine very long and have never been good with one to begin with. Straight lines aren't my strongest suit! But I think the imperfections work in the context of subject matter and thus I did not scrap the layout and start over but embraced the layout - imperfections & all.

No comments: