Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Album Gone Digital

As a Christmas gift, my mom scrapped the pictures from our recent family vacation to Alaska. We went with my parents and my brother & sister-in-law, so there were lots of fabulous pictures to choose from for the album. So many, in fact, that it still leaves me plenty of pictures to scrap on my own. And that's why I decided to scrap the trip completely digitally.

I'm very much a novice at digital scrapbooking. I've done a few layouts here & there, but I found the process to be even more time-consuming than the traditional paper layouts, if that's even possible (for me, that is). That is until recently when I discovered the wonder of digital templates. Oh my. These toys have to be the best invention ever. What makes them especially nice for someone like me is that you're not "stuck" with the layout as-is. Assuming you've downloaded a layered template, you have the option to delete & add & move around, which makes them totally customizable. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love working with paper as much as the next die-hard traditional scrapper. But I have to say that I'm now hooked on the possibilities that lie in wait in the digital realm.

This is the cover layout I made for our Alaska book using a template by Jessica Sprague.


Supplies used: Program - Adobe PS Elements 6; Template - Jessica Sprague 04; Font - LDJ Miss Me (title), Trebuchet MS (journaling); Paper - Angie Briggs Tom Boy Kit lt. green & grey cardstock, Songbird Avenue April '09 Kit solid 6 cardstock; Ribbon - Anita Stergiou The Floriade Collection ribbon 04; Rub-on - House of 3 WordArt (relax)

No comments: