Wednesday, January 13, 2010

20+ Days of Cards: Day 18

Unfortunately, I neglected to photograph all of the cards that went into the gift set so you won't get to see all 20. However, I still have plenty of things to share over the next several days.

I don't know about you, but I give a lot of gift cards these days. While I hate that it feels so impersonal, I feel like I'm saving the recipient a trip & a return. So to spice things up, I try to make the packaging fun. Just before Christmas, Jennifer McGuire posted several tutorials on the Hero Arts blog for gift card holders. I thought they were wonderful and set out to make them myself.

Today's card is a creative way to give money. Jennifer's tutorial can be found here.


Base: SL - frosted card
Cardstock/Paper: SU - delicate dots, whisper white, real red, basic black; DCWV - mi casa
Ink: CB - frost white, platinum; SU - handsome hunter
Stamps: SU - Solemn Stillnes, Happy Winter
Misc: MM - black mini brads, blue brads; Reflections - star; MS - chunky glitter; SU - crystal effects; pop dots; black pen

TIP: When using a frosted or acetate card base, be sure you have the right kind of ink to stamp on it. I didn't, which means that despite my best efforts the ink never dried properly.

No comments: